Monday, January 26, 2009

Daniel Fast Day ????

It's been a while since I've written about the fast. Let's see, I've got 7 days remaining counting today and 21-7= 14 so I guess this is day 14. I went to NC last Friday due to the death of J. Johnson's mother and the weekend, well you know how weekends are.

You know the food thing hasn't been that bad. Maybe next year I'll fast tv. Several people in the church are and I've heard several testimonies about how it is changing their lives with more time to spend with family, have friends over. At least one family had a worship night. It's amazing how much time tv takes away from our ability to do the things we need to be doing.

Teresa and I read Mark 6&7 this morning. It reminded us that we have an awesome God and even when people turn against us we have a friend in Jesus. We're going to read chapter 10 tonight and see what else God has for us.

I'll talk to you tomorrow. Teresa is baking me a sweet potato tonight so I'm out of here.

No comments:

Post a Comment